ABOUT - WWWC
We are a non-hierarchical creative collective of women and femmes dedicated to fostering creativity and uplifting marginalised voices. All members have a say in creative and organisational matters, and all voices have equal value. Decisions are made by reaching a consensus. New ideas are encouraged and we evolve according to the group’s needs.
Check out our website to learn more.
ABOUT - ARTIST/MUSE
Our show Artist/Muse was a LET Award Finalist in 2023. This is our debut production as a company, and we are doing it at the biggest art festival in the world - the Edinburgh Fringe!
Written by WWWC founders Diana Feng, Tegan Verheul, and Clarisse Zamba, Artist/Muse is an exciting new show exploring the often abusive relationship between artist and muse. Bold, creative, collectively co-written and featuring immersive elements and stunning visuals, this is a debut you won't want to miss.
A life drawing session plunges you into the chaotic world of Paul and Olivia, two lost souls in NYC’s vibrant art scene circa 1992. Inspired by the story of Fernande Olivier, artist/model and muse to Picasso, this bold new play invites audiences to witness (or condone?) the evolution and dissolution of their relationship as the lines blur between creation/destruction, genius/collaboration, love/abuse. When an artist attains critical and commercial success through the product of this creative partnership, whose story gets told? Whose talents are valued? Whose art is it?
MEET OUR LET AWARD 2023 R&D TEAM
Olivia - Caterina Grosoli (@caterinagrosoli)
Paul - Sushant Shekhar (@signfyingnothing11)
Laurent - Luke Oliver (@luke_t_oliver)
Art Director - Jacob Anderson (@jacob_anderson_design)
Associate Designer - Ching Huang (@_ching.h.creativelab_)
Lighting Designer - Shu-Ang Yeh (@annnnngyeh)
Sound Artist - Chia-Ching Ho (@jinsynth)
Edinburgh Festival Fringe is the world's largest arts festival, taking place annually in Edinburgh, Scotland during the month of August. It was first established in 1947 and has launched the careers of many successful theatre companies and shows like:
Fleabag, the hit BBC series created by and starring Phoebe Waller-Bridge; The Play That Goes Wrong, which has gone on to become a global sensation, with productions in the West End and on Broadway; Constellations, which went on to have successful runs in London and on Broadway, and was later adapted for radio and television; and many, many more.
WHY WE NEED YOU!
The Edinburgh Fringe is THE PLACE to premiere new work! The one downside is... it is EXPENSIVE!!
Costs we have to cover include:
- The venue (Assembly George Square Studios - Studio Five)
- Edinburgh Fringe Society fee
- Printing for poster and flyers
The list goes on...
We strongly believe all performers and creatives should be paid ethically!
Professionally made, professionally paid. We are determined to provide fair compensations to our cast and creatives for their involvement in our production. Part of our mandate as a company is to generate paid opportunities for marginalised creatives, and we intend to honour that commitment by paying those individuals ethically. The chief barrier that prohibits most emerging artists from participating in EdFringe is financial; taking a month off their day job, not auditioning for film and tv work, turning down other paid gigs for a tiny sliver of profitshare whilst living in an incredibly expensive city... We want to remove this barrier!
We’ve committed to an Equity Fringe Agreement that ensures our cast and creatives are paid ethically. We believe a better, fairer Fringe is possible. More info on #PMPP here.
The funds you contribute to this crowdfunding campaign would make a substantial contribution to these costs and ensure that we can retain and support top emerging talents!
We are hoping to hit £10,000, but our full budget for this show is £20,000. Hitting our first goal of £10,000 will cover the cost of ethical pay for our actors and creatives, and make a sizeable dent in the cost of our accommodations for the month. If we hit our stretch goal of £20,000 we'll be able to pay our actors and creatives ethically, fully cover the cost of our accommodations, and cover the cost of our venue hire, technician fees, marketing fees, closed captioning services, transportation costs, props, set, costumes, and more. We are self-funding this show, so every penny you pledge will be so helpful to us!
We'll also be doing fundraising events online and in person between now and August to make this show happen. Yes, it's hard work, but we believe it'll all be worth it when we bring this show in front of an audience, tell this story that needs to be told, and showcase the work of incredible creatives at the biggest art festival in the world!
We're hoping you'll donate to our show because you're just as excited as we are to see it come to life! Your support means the world to us, and will help us create an unforgettable experience for everyone involved.
As a little thank you, we've got some cool rewards to offer, including:
- £10 - Elite “green circle” status for exclusive behind the scenes content on Instagram.
- £20 - A livestream and/or zoom recording of the show for our friends who can’t get to Scotland + all of the above.
- £30 - A shoutout on our social media to celebrate your generosity + all of the above.
- £40 - A spot on our WWWC supporter wall, live updates on our progress for the show + all of the above.
- £50 - An autographed show poster + all of the above.
- £60 - A mukbang-style zoom dinner session with us and the cast in Edinburgh + all of the above.
- £80 - 2 tickets to London's exclusive monthly life drawing experience The Path (@thepath_lifedrawing) for a fun life drawing experience + all of the above.
- £100 - 2 tickets to our show at the Edinburgh Fringe + a special mention in the programme + all of the above.
- £300 - YOUR VERY OWN portrait drawing by one of the artists we collaborate with + all of the above.
- £500 or more - OFFICIAL SPONSOR STATUS! Get all the rewards listed above, PLUS we will put your businesses logo on our posters, flyers, social media channels, and website. If you have something else in mind, get in touch! We'd be more than happy to chat with you!
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us via our website.
Thank you for your support! See you at the Fringe!