One last thank you! (And how to keep in touch)
(The very brief version:
Thank you again! You are amazing!
Keep in touch here and get fun stuff!)
(The longer version)
A year ago we were figuring out how we would arrange our particular Puppet-State-shaped rewards on this Crowdfunder platform. We hadn't yet filmed JRR Tolkien’s Leaf by Niggle in HD and were pacing up and down on another rainy summers day, scratching our heads and waiting for our early attempts at sourdough to rise.
Soon, Niggle was in the can and we were ready to pitch our wares to you. Without knowing what was ahead of us, we stepped out in faith and were warmly met with support and interest in Puppet State's work, past and future.
So what's happened since then?
We've Spent Your Support Wisely!
Thanks to your kind and generous support we’ve whiled away our most enjoyable chunks of this long and unusual year doing things like:
- creating video message rewards with Oswald and Dog (and the politician from The Man Who Planted Trees got in on the act too)
- exploring the possibilities of green screen technology both on film and via zoom
- using our carport in winter as a recording studio, (and as a festive social space for hot drinks with blankets on knees)
- auditioning puppets for roles in our John Muir story (watch them on YouTube if you missed them on Facebook)
- gathering regularly on zoom to work out how best to tell stories from John Muir’s life
- writing and workshopping draft after draft after draft of that script .
What Happens Next?
Keep in Touch!
If you already signed up to receive news from us in future and you will be hearing from us before long. It is, after all, August and in Puppet State land, things tend to happen in August. (Hint: more opportunities to enjoy our work and engage with us online!)
If you're not sure, or you didn’t tick ‘yes’ to ‘marketing’ when you signed up (and to be honest can you remember if you did or not?), you can use our groovy new signup page here to give permission for us to send you the occasional email (including about where the John Muir project will eventually emerge in the world)… with the added bonus that NEW signups will receive a video message from our very own wistful West End actor Oswald, the under-qualified Puppet State admin assistant.
Click here to sign up to our newsletter and you are welcome to share it with your pals as well, if you think they can handle it.
With our very best wishes to you and yours from all of us at Puppet State,
Richard, Rick, Elspeth, Andy, Dog and Oswald
(Yay! You read all the way to the end. You really are amazing!)
There are no comments on this update yet.